Jerking around with new BF2 Mods I found after...

This video explains everything.




The last two showcase clips of the MK153 SMAW rocket launcher video explains that the classic game I owned during my junior high school days, Battlefield 2, apparently has mods that I didn't aware of; just figured out few days ago after I thought, "are those 'Heat of Battle' and 'HD Remastered' version of those BF2 games are official release or not?" Not that I want to explain like, "EA, what the f**k?"

Googled that sh*t before I will go back home later on yesterday and today, and turns out, those things for BF2, they're not official releases by EA (Electronic Arts), but mods. Yeah. Mods, like how you mod GTA V and other GTA games as of today. I gotta give thanks to this guy, Tigerfield, on YouTube, for knowing the references based from "x different games" thing. That gives me a whole lot knowledge about games that I didn't know that uses specific weapon in the action-shooting games (FPS, TPS, or whatnot).

So, I tried downloading and installing BF2 HD Remastered on my old PC and turns out, it consumes a hell lot of RAM than it was supposed to be, considering my old PC's RAM is only 4 GB. It has stuttering quite a lot because of excessive HDD workload, which I might think this is not really good for my PC. However, graphics are pretty smooth, high-definition, and realistic. This is like playing GTA V back in the day, on around 2015 or so, at its first launch on April. Damn heavy that it sips all the RAM reserves that, when you finished playing the game, loading other programs active in the background will be slow as hell. I've been experiencing this quite a lot with GTA V just to finish a story with no cheats, trainers, or whatsoever (had to recall that goddamn BEX64 error that plagued me - that day was when I'm not joining Steam).

I've checked the main page for further details, and turns out, this "BF2 HD Remastered" mod was published 2 years ago, on November 2017. As for "Heat of Battle" mod, it was released a month after BF2 HD Remastered. What a coincidence. From there, I finally found some bundled mods (or modpacks) for BF2 that I have no need of hassle to install one mod after another, just like GTA V and some other GTA games; a same practice I've been done to some of my projects in the past like RU & US Advanced Weapons mod.

Anyway, don't blame me if I found this and don't know sh*t about it. I was thinking that both of those games Tigerfield showcased in that weapon comparison in "x different games" were official releases by EA, but it was not.

I've been taking my time to download some of them to try at home, the one that has specification able to run Ace Combat 7. If you want to check them out, here are the links below.

BFHD PRO II

Heat of Battle


Enjoy!

Comments