So, this FO4 game... (and more for this week)

Idk what just happened. No crash report whatsoever, the program just exits by itself as if there are no errors. Looks like it tried to play safe on application execution; however, no debugs or things like that.

I might gonna have a look on the installed mods, or... whatever I previously did on the quest, as... the savegame seems pretty much far from my last save point when I was at Vault 88. Clearly not in relation with mods, however...


Now, moving on...

I recently knew, and dug deep into the BF2 mods, and they seem to be "no joking"; there are mods (addons, or whatever you call it) that are... between you have to mod it on your own, or just install it easy as pie. The mods are at ModDB, the same where I got the AC7 skin mods that some are not exist in Nexus.

I managed to get a handful of mods to be installed separately, on the BF2HD, as a new ZIP archive. To be frank with this, though, BF2HD has installed some of the mods that exists; just so that some weapons are not in use because of number of kits limitations.

I've been pranking around with them, only a few, that some weapons have its own UID (index number). Placing two in a same UID can crash the game, unfortunately. And some mods can crash the game if the textures aren't placed at where it should be. The game tries to load the textures where it's placed, and if it can't load, the game stops into a crash.

This is where my management of file skills is tested, as I know that one wrong placement, and the game can't load properly.


Next...

My sister's PC have seen better days, though... but I saw one thing that catches my eye when I used it that time. There's a new button, like a stop sign, but those letters are replaced with ABP, placed on the most right-side of the address/search bar, next to the three-lines sign.

I wonder, WTF? As I surf the web, I noticed something unusual, especially when I browsed mods on 5-Mods. The annoying ads, which one displays the huge banner that makes you have to scroll down, and another that displays the same goddamn "The Stranger Things 3" video game teaser trailer all over again (man, f*ck "The Stranger Things 3", I don't give a sh*t about your game trailer; sorry my English), were gone. Wonder how can this get disappear, and I have no need to worry about the sh*tty ads like company job offer, Rossi (Valentino?) offering "training" of a .357 Magnum round (?), Grammarly (I mean, WTF - but still, I need it as Word 2016's grammar system is pretty much less sensitive than Word 2007, but idk when, no promises, though), and... wut, VMWare is opening a job employment? I thought it was not just famous about its workstation app that's used by typical computer scambaiters like Malcolm Merlyn and Deeveeaar. I mean, wut?

Nexus (NexusMods) also displaying this goddamn "The Stranger Things 3" video game teaser. I mean, is this a goddamn American hype that they want to play this game? Pardon my English, idk what kind of hype the Americans are doing right now, especially, since the debut of this Call of Duty Mobile game on smartphones. Seriously, I've seen ads about PUBG Mobile for PC (my bro did talked about it and it's different compared to PUBGM on smartphones) and I literally just wanna watch my own videos instead of whacking my phone like I lost in playing Flappy Bird whenever I saw ads about Call of Duty Mobile or PUBG Mobile for PC again. There's also Rise of Kingdoms game (or whatever it's called) ad and I frickin' hate it, especially after seeing all those frickin' ads are Indonesianized. Holy sh*t.

I also remember about the successful Indonesian people from unfamiliar newsflash website (most likely popped up from an ad), and they said that the key of success is by investing some of your cash to the broker/trading website. Most likely fake to make the broker website much more familiar (the comments, especially, they don't look like the commentaries in Ova Games website for a game title they discussed), but as for the person who's in that ad, and the story of it... I have no idea and don't have time to check whether this person is fictitious or not.

I guess it's not only me who hate ads more than other folks, in which I can say my hatred is on par with Swiss001 (he made video reviews about worst flight simulators, and he seem to be not joking about the ads; he described it in an earrape style sometimes). But... yeah, you know, ads are there as a source of profit, and occasionally, some ads can bring malware to your PC. AVG even raised an alarm about one ad site (I described it as Enable Privacy) that may contain harmful software and such. There're also some scam sites lurking around, thinking it as a legit ad. And people like Malcolm Merlyn, Deeveeaar, Jim Browning, etc. are there to scambait the scammers to prevent the growth of more victims being scammed by uneducated people who wanted to steal money from the rich, or a broken person.


Firefox is the platform where it is possible to install add-ons (idk about Edge in Windows 10), so this is pretty much simple plan in mind. I've touched that button before I go home, and it seems that it uses an Adblock Plus plugin. After I went home and tested that goddamn FO4 game keep crashing for no reason, I installed that plugin from the private window and activated it.

Seems working. Ads that previously lurking around or trying to place its banner so huge that I need to unnecessarily scroll down to see the contents or clicking on the Download button @ 5-Mods are gone, technically. What I said about this is that, they're not gone, but blocked by the Adblock Plus from being displayed to screen or popped up in a new window when I tried to download from MediaFire and such.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if using this can reduce the income of a company managing that website. But some sites do have a message of cookies storage.


Anyway, I'm back home, and I feel like... it's time to get busy finishing the mods and things I wanted to do.

Comments