Boruto Eps. 141: First Impressions and Comparison with Blood Prison

It's been a long time since I talked about Blood Prison, that one Naruto movie that takes place at a high security prison of Hozuki Castle. The new outfit design for the inmates in this series reminds me of Prison Break, where most American prisoners wear yellow or orange clothes. Indonesia has also the same practice like in the US for the inmates.

People have been complaining sh*t about the successor of Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden, saying that majority of the story, excluding the Boruto: Naruto the Movie arc (the series one, holy Disney f*ck), are mostly fillers. Yes, it is, but this year, the writers and those that worked on the anime are now implementing the manga version into the anime version with a wide variety of "story expansion". Ik this might sound a filler to you Boruto fans (or those who hate Boruto: Naruto Next Generations in its entirety), but I can assure you, after fusing Naruto and Boruto last year, this year, it will be a reality.

I'm not a type of manga reader ever since my dad banned me in reading comic books. "Makes your eye go myopia", he said. No idea if that is true; I'm not a frequent book reader and I'm mostly interested in describing something with pictures. It's not even a coincidence why I love storytelling in the first place (but I never won every single goddamn contest of that, holy shit. At least I tried).


No one could ever suspect that, whoever doesn't watch Blood Prison will be the first to hear about this prison facility, even though they have or haven't heard about Prison Break. Before they have an inside people in Boruto, Naruto in Blood Prison was the unlucky one that get sent to be an "investigator" for the weapon of mass destruction. The head of the warden died and the new leader was nominated, twice, I suppose, on the info I got from LINE OpenChat notes.


Apparently, this guy was the head of the warden. He looks quite old, like an uncle or something (don't judge me, I'm not a type of guy who's describing one's age by looks), and he seems to be cooperating with the authorities of the Hidden Leaf.

Seems in this episode until the end of the "prison-theme" (seriously, watching this wants me to watch Prison Break, even though I don't really like watching TVs ever since GTV made things weird for the SpongeBob SquarePants and I miss Katakan Putus show), Boruto and Mitsuki were the lucky ones compared to Naruto that, despite having similar treatment like other inmates, both of them were more eased up with the situation since the mission that given was clear during the briefing, and they have an inside people to help out.

I thought for the first it would like, "holy crap, Boruto was sent to the prison, it's Blood Prison all over again" when I watched the trailer of the next episode (on Eps. 140), but no... no, it's not.


I don't even think this can be something misleading to the fans like me saying that, "holy crap, it's Blood Prison in Boruto", but, listen. Listen. Maybe it's a joke to make the fans think that Boruto was actually sent to prison. Actually. Blood Prison storytelling, I get it. Naruto was sent to the prison without explaining why, and few days later, help was sent and told him the real mission details. But Boruto? The next episode trailer makes the fans think that Boruto was found guilty and sent to the prison, but in actual episode of this that released today, I gotta be honest, they have been briefed. Images from other local fans describe the style of Boruto's, Sarada's, and Mitsuki's disguise (Sarada herself was disguised as a journalist, wearing a somewhat French painter's hat, not too close with the beret) when they were inside the prison, and I'm questioning about the story here. This is where I can't quite understand what's wrong with this vague storytelling of Boruto this year.

I had a run-in with a newsletter describing one episode as "low on budget". No joke. After watching the mentioned episode from that newsletter, that looked like the creator put in less freakin' money to make an effect of Urashiki disappearing, or looking on how Boruto and Naruto ran to attack Urashiki. Glad it was not as worst as Masha and the Bear, where the production stopped after "low on budget".



Nonetheless, what it said on the proposed design was identical, and the storytelling seems to be nice from time to time. And the inmate outfit that most of the inmates used were similar to what I saw on one episode of Prison Break I watched on TV, forgot when, but I seem to make it similar to Watch_Dogs. Boruto and Mitsuki looks neat with that inmate outfit, which is different compared to in Blood Prison, where inmates still use the same clothes from the day one inside the prison.

The indication that this anime series going to adapt with the manga was clear since the announcement few weeks ago, and this could be a connection with the manga adaptation, but with a broad storytelling. Still a filler, but soon, it will adapt.


A lot of WTF moments depicted in this anime series, but I as a Naruto and Boruto fan won't even stepping back from this anime series. I've seen this series adapt manga and the Boruto: Naruto the Movie, why not now? Even I who doesn't read manga can understand what's going on here, with the anime series became unclear whether they gonna adapt manga or not considering it's a monthly release.

No offense. If you hate this, step back. You don't want to hear me rambling about this.

Comments