Lost track of the old Indonesian channel I subscribed

Get this, not long after SomeOrdinaryGamers posted something about a hacked YouTube channel, I saw the channel that I subscribed long ago, an Indonesian one named Rendy Ardiansyah, has turned into Ethereum Foundation and posted the live streaming video on that channel that, who knows what.


I get why channels are hacked. On a long duration analysis, someone claiming from a legit company sent an e-mail telling that the account is in risk of whatever it is that can convince users to use the credentials of that channel to do whatever it is to remove the risk, but as anyone would not know, they're hackers, waiting for someone shared the account credentials to take control of the account and then do whatever they want.

Apparently Rendy's not the first time to experience this. I heard few years ago that his alt account got hijacked by Indonesian dude and asked the subscribers of his downvote the videos. Unfortunately, this year seemed to be his sh*ttiest day of his life, because... after I checked the channel, all videos related to his gaming seemed to be gone, just like that, along with some of the Naruto game videos I liked on his channel. The "Stories" section has also been emptied too. The only video on that "hacked" channel is that live streaming video offering 100k ETH giveaway (WTF?). I quickly unsubscribed from that channel to say that, "there is no hope of recovery after all the videos of his are gone, with that much of subscribers on his channel."

I've seen two case scenarios with two other subscribed channels, but not as the worst as this one. BK4, claiming that he doesn't share his account credentials, got hijacked by other channel claiming to be his. Some of his videos got deleted. Kev3n, now renamed as Hardplay as of now, uploaded some scam videos similar to what SomeOrdinaryGamers presented. BK4 is lucky enough to get his channel back, but for Kev3n, there is no luck until today. Partners like Kenny Paas and Los Santos Cast have been talking about it.

For the case like SomeOrdinaryGamers here, he showcased one channel that was hijacked and then showcased other things like the case I saw on Kev3n's (Hardplay's) channel. I'm curious here; other than sharing account credentials, is there any other way that can make someone's account hijacked?




Here's something I found out recently after I watched the video above.


I tell you, this New Year, some people will call it as an unlucky year, some are not. The channel that got 184k subscribers, the one I subbed few years ago, got rekt by someone claiming to be from Ethereum Foundation and deleted all of the videos, the worst case scenario of a hijacked (hacked) channel. Apparently, though, when I Googled his actual YouTube name, I found channels actually posting some random local things and some photos (which some are "pass" photos, if you say it in Bahasa) related to this guy. No joke. Google this name and you'll get what I mean.

As for the Ethereum Foundation itself, they already have their own YouTube channel with about 27.6k subscribers.


This amount of subscriber is very low compared to the hacked Rendy Ardiansyah's channel claiming to be from this foundation located at, who knows where. And the videos there seemed to be legit for me since it has lots of videos with only a few watching it (a similar case to my channel with only a few watching and about 40 subscribers, yeah, story of my life).


Also, as an addition to this one, I heard that JT, the one who's saying that Calon Sarjana stole video contents from various channels, said that the oldest, the very first video ever uploaded to YouTube, was hacked. Dunno why, but the video below explains it all.




I believe something has just happened. Either is because of the weak account security, or the owner don't want to take care of his account (leaving without deleting, except for the case like Tomcat11). There are many ways that can go down when it comes to channel hacking, and YouTube is... almost a common place to get rekt by hackers if you are not careful.

I've seen a lot of typical scams these days, thanks to the channels I subscribed such as Atomic Shrimp, Deeveeaar, ScammerRevolts, and Lewis's Tech, but this, this is a new level that I heard since BK4 got hacked. No sh*t. A magical place for millions of videos, filled with various creativities, got rekt by those who ruin the owner's creativity, and seriously, the owners of YouTube don't care about it.

If you know about this, you know one thing: make sure your Google account is properly secured and don't hand out your account credentials to someone you don't know. That includes spam mails claiming from a legit company that asked for an account reset or whatever, thinking that it's legit from a real company. Always check the sender of the e-mail, because you'll never know if it's real or not.


I feel bad for the guy owned that Rendy channel, though. There's nothing we, the subscribers, can do about it. Day by day, channels got hacked because of the owner's negligence, but I hope that someday, this can be a lesson for us all that, if we have channels with high popularity, security has becoming a matter of importance, because you'll never know when the hackers will take control of your channel, or the worst, the whole account, which can affect whatever kind of work you are doing now.

Comments