Tokopedia hacked?

I can surely admit; nowhere is safe. Not every place is safe. Especially Tokopedia.

I saw it on the local news, apparently via LINE TODAY few days ago; personal information has been breached, hashed passwords collected, claimed that there's one guy who involved in doing this insanity.

And... yeah, this Google e-mail address I'm using is exposed by that goddamn hacker out there and who knows what they'll be doing with it (checked with "Have I been Pwned"), but it's still a good gracious that there're no pastes yet; only one breach.

Apparently, my account is somewhat "unprotected" with password, so I have to do manually via my phone while figuring out how to reset the password. Gladly, it doesn't have any, so I set up one. It's done in less than a minute.

Also, setting up the Authenticator adds extra layer of security in case there's an account breach. I've done that few days ago.


I had to admit, people staying at homes is making things even worse, but Idk if this is true or false. But then, only one way to find out. I can see Covid-19 is scaring the shit out of all of us.

But then again, it's all about basic Internet security, especially when it comes to gaming, in Steam and elsewhere.

Comments