Well, ain't this so sweet, the 71st Indonesia's Independence Day?

Well, ain't this so sweet, the 71st Indonesia's Independence Day?
I might be the one who'll be the first to say "Happy Independence Day, Indonesia!" this midnight because I'm doing some midnight quota running and mod testing while in one occasion my sis is playing Ayodance.

The independence day each year is what most youngsters are waiting, which it'll be filled with ceremonial events and races for teamwork and victory. Races in my country are somewhat historical and every year it happens. One example is Panjat Pinang, where you have to climb on a long large oil-covered tubular pinang wood stick that on top of it is placed a lot of gifts for people that watches the race to get.

Celebrating an independence day means a lot for people and country, you know. It helped people to gain freedom over the invaders (Indonesia was invaded by The Netherlands (pre-World War II) and Japan (World War II)) and created a new country that people ever wanted. Freedom and Independence are people's and country's rights.

I remember last time I attended an Independence event in my village, dunno when and how old I was, but it was so cool. I did want to go back to the old days, but the event happened somewhere else, sadly. You know that I can't get a walk or a joyride to other places like that without money. I spent my savings yesterday to pay the college fee, and I have 3 millions left - going to a nearby bank/ATM needs a car to go down the hill first.

Guess I'll be skipping the every year's ceremonial event today on TV later in the morning, because I'm gettin' sleepy and I have to go sleeping. Ah yes, different kinds of events happened in other countries who celebrated the Independence Day. I never see/hear how the US look like when it's in the Independence Day. Or maybe some other countries like UK, Russia, or maybe Middle East countries.

Well, that's all folks. If you are in Indonesia, tune on the TV to see how the flag-raising event happened in Istana Merdeka, witnessed by President, cabinets, and many other government people and citizens.

Comments