Final Touching and Break Time for San Andreas

The final touching of my FC2 TC mod is complete. Now is only a matter of time to conduct some tests before online publishing. The mod is getting bigger as it is, as I have installed many skins into the pack, to increase realism and further-minimizing the bugs in missions. During the release I'll split the pack, so that the main mod is published first, the mod patches comes afterwards.

As you know, the latest patch for FC2 has making use of new skin mapping for Su-25, so when you place a skin with ID lower than 300 in .skins file, it will start up with a skin closest to the defined ID it is placed, which in this case, you will start up with Iraqi AF skin that is not intended for people to watch/see for real.

The other final touching is the skin testing. I have done some "skimming search" on both DCS User Files and LockOnFiles websites to search some skins that exactly fit the way the countries are set up, such as Czech Republic and its iconic MiG-29A with unique tail number. I have grabbed them up and installed manually, which took almost 6 hours to complete. Some note, the Su-25 skins are way too many, but not as much as the VNAO Hornet F, because the VNAO mod is the most popular flight simulator mod title during that time. It's still popular today, though, that you may be able to have it in latest version/module of DCS games.

Well, idk if this is wrong or right, but list of aircrafts the IQAF has was either outdated or having the style of the Old World (the Persian Gulf War, 2003 Iraq War, and so on). List of their aircrafts was providing Su-25, which is listed in FC2 game with its specific skin. The F-16 (especially TOMCATz's F-16C or the F-16D from 1-MOD v3.4) is not yet implemented or to be added yet (reference needed) - and the Mirage F1-EQ has been retired on post-Old World era (this aircraft, both EQ2 and EQ5/6 variants, are available in AdA Mod for FC2 v2.0.0).

The Sentry skins cannot be implemented or added due to the special locking mechanism (possibly image encryption) of their CDDS files from AdA-Mod Dev Team to prevent their files being modified, so no preview will be present if you open any of their CDDS files with ModMan's CDDS Explorer. The template was also not provided - only specific to the fighter jets of their mod theme, so yeah, British Sentry aircraft will show up as U.S. painted - don't ask why.

Yesterday I checked the GTA4-Mods website and my car mods are up to the public. 1 AM today I do the mapping of skins while downloading the latest patch and DLC packs for Fallout 4 from Ova Games website. I did finished the part 2 download of 1.33 patch for GTA V, but the quota deadline will be 3 days from now on. I have 5 gigs approx. and am running out of time.

Now, for requests of my mod regarding police cruisers, I have to pend that because I have to finish up and do polishing of my FC2 TC mod, then pack it up for publishing. I have done major changes to that because I got some tools, but is lacking of training in me, so there are some early beta release models in that TC mod, such as the Burke-class Destroyer, which has its col non-functional and cannot be targeted by AI in Anti-ship Strike tasking.


Oh yes, I need to get some break time for few days to prepare the short semester's final exam, and try to play up some DYOM missions in San Andreas using Endless Summer mod, which before with Winter Mod, some missions caused the game to crash at some events.

Before I post more some time, here are some screenshots during my final touching of my FC2 TC mod. I'll upload some more with other skins to show you how this mod gets you access to many kinds of skins.









Comments