AC7 Modding Guide, no sh*t

Desperately looking for guides anywhere to get just one skin I can model/design on and hear this, someone has already made the day. I have no need to worry visiting in and out to Reddit (because my home country blocked it) with VPN just to confirm whether I can get my hands on a modding toolset and knowhow to do it.

Heck, I've been searching this a while ago, but can't find the proper one that doesn't need to get inside Reddit.

superostrich. This guy seems to be the one who's making nice AC7 skins from predecessor Ace Combat games and surprisingly also making a tutorial about how to do one, without having me to visit in and out to Reddit just because Indonesia blocked that website for obvious reasons. No sh*t.

You know what? I can't believe this guy, who's making good skins from the games I have or haven't touched, is also making a tutorial for others to do. I have ALL the resources I need from ModDB, and all I need to do is a legit and more understandable and complete tutorial for modder regulars like me (who's currently working on Boruto Ped Mod Project for GTA V, but postponed atm).

You know, I have a bit of a problem knowing which skeletons to paint manually, but Oleg gave me idea about sourcing the paints from an already-made peds. That's one plus for V ped modeling in ZModeler 3.

AC7 skin modding is a different level than what I visit mostly. Battlefield 2, GTA... many tools on how to do one are many out there, but compared to GTA, BF2 mod installation is a bit tricky, since it involves file editing and trial and error. Future game releases involve more complex installation method (like changing data block as in installing a car's handling data), but other than that, texture/model replacing is easy as pie; AC7 is just a simple drag-and-drop depending on which skin slot it replaces, and which aircraft it is destined to, while GTA requires a file manager tool to do it (like OpenIV for GTA IV and GTA V).

Anyway, enough with the chit-chat, I guess. This handy tutorial is here if you want to check out, courtesy of superostrich. If I have time, I'll make a video tutorial on how to do one.

Comments