Lions Roar - J-15's maneuverability is crazy af

Other than the fact that majority of Battlefield 2 default planes are stable and steadily maneuverable, one that I don't like about Lions Roar mod, a Chinese modpack for Battlefield 2 that focuses you on a war between China and the Allied states, is, new planes maneuverability. PLA Navy J-15 and PLA Air Force Q-5 (?) (or maybe FC-1, as it's called for a Chinese fighter jet that's almost identical to MiG Project 1.44) have crazy maneuverabilities, as what I recall on Swiss001's videos, "physics on fleek".

Literally killed the plane physics as a whole with J-15 and Q-5 (or maybe FC-1) in game, as it turned out to be practically imbalance with other fighter jets original Battlefield 2 has to offer - this is also a honorable mention for F-2A too, the addition of plane from Japan for its new coalition set (Japan).

I've seen the Q-5's (FC-1's) crazy maneuverability when an AI is flying it (ofc I play this game in SP; never have a chance to taste MP, but I will once I buy legit this game), waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much maneuverability with this plane, and I said, "WTF? Is this new Ace Combat sh*t I'm playing?" Same goes to the J-15 when I play the "Pacific" map from Lions Roar mod, which surprisingly is a map that allows naval warfare in Battlefield 2 engine (Refractor, maybe?). I fly in one of the J-15s ready at a ramp of Liaoning aircraft carrier and its maneuverability is damn crazy; even I can describe this as, "Ace Combat series can go f*** yourself", because like I said, "physics on fleek", as what I recall on Swiss001's videos. There's no way IRL you can maneuver a high-performance aircraft rapidly at a speed of 700 to 800 km/h. Just... no way.

The balance offered in this mod is not just right, at all. At a modpage, one user named SHINANO971 described this mod as politically driven, but what I think is, "no, this mod doesn't have any political drives, but IMBA." Ik he described about, "I spectated, and Chinese is always winning", but from my POV, this mod is clearly imbalanced. You can win the fight against the Chinese in the game if you got wits to do it, but one thing you don't understand is, new Chinese planes' maneuverability is crazy af. Yet, this project is discontinued after scrolling down through the comments; the team making this Chinese mod was disbanded in 2012, and version 1.8 is marked as the latest, final version of the mod.


Say, I'm an Indonesian, and I'm not really offended with this Chinese mod spreading propaganda or whatever it contained in this game. Game on, forget what happened. That's all.

Check this out, though. The button to Lions Roar modpage is below.

Lions Roar

Comments