Late news, account lost, new decision

Here is what happened on GTAGaming at the August 23 entry:

It is unfortunate that the first news item in quite some time is to inform viewers of a recent breach of GTAGaming's secure data.
We believe our forum database has recently been compromised, which has given hackers access to email addresses, hashed passwords, and any other details you may have saved in your profiles. Upon logging into the site you will find you are forced to change your password, and shortly we will be force resetting all passwords not updated. We also recommend changing your password on any site(s) that may have used the same one.

We have now closed the forums permanently, and any accounts not updated within the next couple weeks will be deleted from the database. We will be moving the account database into a more secure authentication system, removing all trace of the vBulletin forum software, and until then will be keeping a close eye to prevent any further compromises.

Beyond that, we don't know what the future of this site will be. This marks our 13th year online, and the 8th year online for GTA4-Mods.com, but recently - as any visitor or modder would have noticed - both sites have fallen further and further into neglect with no staff to maintain them. It was our intent to at least keep the sites online as long as possible for access to our massive file library of mods and tools, but as being hacked is not in anyone's best interests, if we cannot successfully maintain a secure account database for our users, we may need to consider closing both sites.

For now, we apologize for this inconvenience, and hope that no one is any further affected by this database breach.

So that I missed about a month since I write this and the account was deleted. Problem is, no one over this site will ever update the latest version of mods with their old accounts, which in such, I should move on to other known modding sites.

Years ago @ GTAInside, without anyone knowing, someone has uploaded a Rubber Gun mod under my name. I was curious who did this as I don't know where to start. GTAInside is known with the best security system besides LCPDFR with virus and malware checking.

I have a life history in this GTAGaming website. I did asked many questions to rappo (who is the new site admin to GTA5-Mods.com) about my work for the high school graduation, and glad he poured in everything he has to say. He's a good man who manages the website for the mankind. He lives in LA (if I'm reading it right) now. I did spent years making new mods for games which become my hobby for the past 8 years. He has a good view of me, so do with many people out there that he met. I think he may have forgotten me, but as a part of the game modding, many ways should be accomplished to make better mods for people.

Yep, this is the first time I had a lost account, and glad my Yahoo! Mail is not compromised (just some email shit about insecure access because I'm using it via my smartphone). It is only active to my Facebook account, until now.


The decision to move on to GTAInside has come to my ears as the news about today, the last battle between Naruto and Sasuke, has come close. The battle to decide the fate of the new reformation of Ninja World, has begun.

Some other plans I will do next is to sign up to NexusMods, where I can try some stuffs to decorate weapons for Fallout: New Vegas or Fallout 4, and access to many games that are moddable. Well, maybe some other time, because lots of work needs to be done.

It's about time to make this happen, and see how the battle lasts.

Comments