Me VS Smartfren (It's not a war against ISPs)

By the title it's not that I make a war against the ISP. Truth is, college tasks led me to download new apps for my laptop, such as VirtualBox, Borland C++ Builder, Pinnacle 12/14/16, and any shitty stuffs - the things that C++ Builder and Pinnacle supports. And one that surprises me is that the download speed has becoming outrageous, nearing a megabyte per second, while the upload speed, is still a shit. For a chunk it's worth 5 to 10 KB/s, and the utmost shit, less than 5 KB/s.

Also, repeated notifications has reached me as the government of Bandung decided to reduce the CDMA signals for Smartfren at the end of this month, indicating that it only serve calls, no longer data packet. A decision of this is that any old 3G-based Wi-Fi modems no longer supports CDMA packet data anymore, and therefore must be changed or be upgraded to a more modern device, the Mi-Fi 4G LTE modem.

Any of you might ask, "how come? Mine has a fast upload speed", but the fact is, I have experienced this shit for almost half a year, and this plagued me for doing future uploads to sharing sites like my Google Drive, Mediafire, 4shared, etc.

You don't believe it? Another truth is that I do uploads with another ISP, such as XL, or even use my old number to do uploads - Telkomsel. Last time I do uploads with Indosat, speeds came up in random and the shit thing is; it's both quota-based and price-based (as well as FUP shit). I even got my uploads interrupted with it.

This is a question that I cannot get the answer: what the hell happened?

Comments