Cool Aircraft Customization and New Features in AC7

So I'm still working on the C2 project with the target of completion before the end of the New Year. Apparently I stumbled across a new trailer of Ace Combat 7 while browsing and watching much of the videos at YouTube, as well as working my way up to Level 1 completion (and after that, the rest should be easy).




So I'm watching this video and I recall (not to mention Infinity because I never played one) customizations as in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, but unlike this new one that'll be released later on January 2019, in Skies of Deception, customizations are only applicable to non-standard aircrafts (you know, aircrafts other than real life...) and only a few keyparts that can be modded. Paintjobs and emblems customization isn't implemented yet.

At least this is what I like compared to the old ones I played.


And so, following this unique trailer, Ace Combat Fan reviewed it for in-and-out thoughts about this.




I found myself rather unique for me who loves Naruto, modern warfare, and aviation. I mean, really, once I saw the inside of the plane (cockpit), it's almost like I'm playing DCS: World with any of the modules I have (so far I only have the base game for free on Steam), even though I personally don't play it. The cockpits are real, like I'm really inside a real fighter jet (nice for military, I suppose). But the one that interest me is the A-10C, which is the first time I've seen it since the DCS: A-10C Warthog released as a standalone version before being one of the DCS: World modules.

TBH, latest standalone version of the Warthog is unstable - last tutorial about countermeasures is glitched when near the end. It crashed to desktop (CTD) without any reasons why. It's also unstable in some missions too. Instead of hassling on the standalone, I'll just have to scrape by some cash to buy the module for DCS: World when I have time.

Although I can see for few scenes, the cockpit of A-10C between Ace Combat 7 and DCS: A-10C Warthog is identical.





So what do you say?

I've been a honest gamer for quite a long time (not to mention me owning cracked games, because I decided to help developers rather than waiting for the game cracks to come) and I'm eager to see what lies ahead of the game industry.

And I'd say, not bad, though, because between Ace Combat 7 and DCS: World, both have same style and same genre, but for those who prefer realism (like my friend Samuel Argaputra), DCS: World is indeed the best. Ace Combat 7 combines realism and fictional - you can expect those as in DCS: World, but aircrafts in there are only armed with 3 main weapons: machine gun, missile, and special weapon, each has its uniqueness. In DCS: World there are no boundaries; you can arm weapons as much as you like until the plane's pylons are full, but unlike Ace Combat 7 (and also older Ace Combat games), every shots count. That means missiles and bombs are completely limited in number and they aren't multipurpose, depending on how you will use it. Ace Combat 7 also uses the same method, but they have hundreds (like nearly 100 or more) and regenerate/must to reload every shot. Special weapons have its own uniqueness and not all of them are multipurpose. Guided bombs (GPB), for example, only target ground units.

Also, from my experience, in any Ace Combat games you only have to fly close to an aircraft, wait to get a lock-on, and shoot. Simple as that. In DCS: World focusing on fighter jets, you'll have to select a missile depending on the range and tracking system (active radar, semi-active radar, or infrared), get a target from the search radar, fly close to the target, wait to get a lock-on, and shoot. For SAR (semi-active radar) missiles like AIM-7 or R-27, it must stay locked on the target. AR (active radar) missiles like AIM-120 and R-77 can be a fire-and-forget missile, but it can be "missed" if it chased a chaff. Bombs and ground-attack missiles handled differently in DCS: World focusing on fighter jets, unlike any Ace Combat games with special weapons feature that just "point and shoot" as in Grand Theft Auto V, depending on the type.

One that is unusual in Ace Combat 7 is the ability to use more modern special weapons on selected aircrafts and the missile container for 8AAM special weapon. You can read it here.


At the end of the first video I told you about, there's this Strangereal Edition pack that includes Season Pass to unlock some aircrafts like the F-4E and the diecast fictional plane model "Arsenal Bird" along with other things. ACF said it's possible to own (buy) one outside North America and Europe, but nah... I'll pass. I have a lot of Naruto action figures in my room, including the Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 model given as my birthday gift, Boruto, and Naruto the 7th, and putting another can cramp my room with hundreds of action figures and diecast models of real and fictional vehicles. And I have to tell you; I'm running out of space to put any action figures without using my home desk for writing stuffs.

Speaking of it, I do have the smaller Japan Airlines MD-11 "J-Bird" model like the trailer in Jet de Go! PS1 game, but idk where I put it (perhaps lost or given to someone else). It was the first diecast plane model of my childhood days before I end up buying some plane models for decoration.

So... I'm still not thinking about pre-purchasing the AC7 just yet. I'm looking to buy the Season Pass of NS:UNS4 before I can scrape by half of 5, 6 weeks of my savings to buy AC7 when it comes out, and... when the C2 project of mine is really complete. I want to get graduated from the campus as quickly as possible.


It's your call, though, to choose between Ace Combat and DCS. Both have plus and minus, and some people might disagree either one of them or both. You can share your thoughts with me if you want.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Comments