OMFG, Ace Combat has a lot of series?

So I'm not joking here. My past time only experienced the Ace Combat 2 and Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere when I was owning PS1, and I experienced Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, and Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War when I was owning PS2. Truth is, there are a lot of them, and with those I played as an exception (including Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception when I was having PSP; I stored the ISOs, but dunno where - should be another nostalgic memories when I have PPSSPP from the internet), most of them are unplayable due to the lack of consoles or platforms, which are specific.

There are some old-gen consoles like Game Boy Advance, iPhone (wait... my sister does have one, but is busted and idk where she kept it), and mobile phones (what?). And what interest me is the Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, specific for Xbox 360 (although literally, Ace Combat Assault Horizon is still nice when I was using an old PC). There's also this Ace Combat: Infinity, which features cooperative online gameplay with soundtracks taken from various series of older Ace Combat games. Too bad the servers were taken down last April, so I never have a taste for it, and yet, it's specific for PS3, which I need a proper emulator that is risk-free, no survey-filling, and not worrying too much about "Wannacry" or something.

AC6 has soundtracks that are quite cool for air combat videos. In fact, Mission 9 "Heavy Command Cruiser" has a soundtrack nearly similar to one of the scores (event soundtrack) in Grand Theft Auto V, but I forgot which one, though. And when you enter the game, the soundtrack is almost similar to "No Russian" mission soundtrack in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.



If I have to recall, this mission reminds me of the old days of Yukikaze anime that once aired on Animax channel when I firstly have a TV cable, though only for one episode, about all crews inside the big floating aircraft carrier became a zombie because of unknown experiments or something (forgot nearly everything, but I have a few memories to share). Pilot escaped, airship was bombed in midair.

And this mission, technically, was similar to those in Yukikaze anime, and I'm assure that Ace Combat series is like... I'm watching and taking part of the realistic Yukikaze anime series at the same time.


I never watched even the first episode of Yukikaze in my time of life. One Piece is another story, however, as I already watched until it was no longer aired in local TV station in Indonesia, in a conclusion of few hundred episodes watched with limited internet access. I stopped watching OP since then and had me stuck on Naruto with a friend gladly gave a reference of a streaming website before I eventually end up downloading latest ones on Samehadaku.tv.

That time I only own PS2 with no references I'm itching to look into, for Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, since there's this one aircraft I can't unlock back then and I have at least 10 million credits in that save.


To conclude, here's the video that I'm talking about.


Comments