Visual Studio 2015

There's an obsolete ASI mod for GTA V that needs attention on this current version of the game: Weapon Attachment Trainer (WAT, as in... what? without an h). Last version is 1.1 and source code is available on his GitHub page. Trouble is, his project that uses Visual Studio is later than mine, which is 2012 version, whereas his was 2013.

Just confirmed the day before this announcement was made, which is about months or maybe a few years ago. And likewise, my time is strictly limited.

So, jerked it out, I decided to search for perhaps the latest Visual Studio on the internet, preferably the ISO-packed ones. This allows me to install applications while not connected to the internet. Well, had to be prank, though, 2019 and 2017 versions don't have ISO packages available online, whereas 2015, 2013, 2012, and older have. Hell, I'm not also even joking about Google Search. Even after 2 years since VS2017 was out, there're no ISO-packed installers out there - you have to download it off from Microsoft servers, on the goddamn internet.

I have a guidebook (tutorial book) for C++ coding in Visual Studio, but it's 2012 version - at least in 2015, it doesn't give me much problems, how to apply it is almost same like in the guidebook.


There's this bit of problem, however. Installing ALL of the featured packages in VS2015 will fill up the size up to 30 GB, while typical installation fill up the size up to 7 or 8 GB. Isn't that insane?

I forgot how much size it'll take to install VS2012 back then, before I start coding sh*t for GTA IV, which I never had a time to test it (that time was coding LCPDFR plugins). The VS2012 (Ultimate?) itself consumes about 1.2 GB size from the Add/Remove Programs.

Still, I need to wrap up the ZM3 project of rigging two last peds (Mitsuki and Konohamaru) and then modify Boruto and Sarada peds to remove/repair normal/bumpmap, specular, and some other sh*ts that're glitching the models in game. I'm gonna have to base this fix on two guys who made Naruto and Kakashi in 5-Mods.

Idk what kind of idea do they have, but hear this out: seems after quick study from OpenIV's shader information and textures dictionary of both Naruto and Kakashi models, some of the information like TextureSampleDiffPal and VolumeSampler are nullified while the BumpSampler textures are just a simple light blue box. Naruto model that's based on Michael's player model, head and upper texture dictionaries don't contain bumpmap or specular textures. Wait, what?







If that really works, I'll put a test with just blank box and random color, typically hilariously smaller size (like in 4x4 size) and default specular map. Still, OpenIV doesn't include addition of what kind of environment map (envmap) they're used. I assume it uses envmap.dds supplied by the default ydd/yft where ZM3 coughs up errors regarding missing textures it is used to texture the model.

I'm freakin' wondered what caused Boruto/Sarada models I rigged in V doesn't cast environmental lighting properly, typically when being lighted by a flashlight or anything. Better-rigged and default models have less tendency to encounter this bug; was it because of normal map, or maybe the envmap.dds? This is what I'm gonna have to find out, but as you know, time is short. I don't even know when I'll be spending my time doing sh*t like this if I'm not enjoying my time gaming (that I'm gonna restrict the time I spent on it seriously) or having a coffee break time from doing my first run of Final Project. It's not even my time to relax, yet, in about 2 or 3 months from now on.

The work's constrained because of ZM3's license expiration last Friday. I'm gonna have to buy the license again, but had to be frank, if I used another PC with another Internet connection, the risk of my PayPal account to be limited will be high, and I have no idea what to do to solve that problem. The PayPal app for Android in Play Store probably didn't help much when I'm mobile. So, my work will be done on the same IP address until it's time.

Well, there's not much to do back in my house except thinking for what's best for the title and theme of the Final Project I want to use soon. And I mean, in a speed of lightning. I'm gonna do my best to get myself graduated out of this sh*t while fixing my scores.

Comments