Step up for a challenge

The more training I did in rigging the ped, the better the mesh animation (moving) quality when it's exported. At least I managed to compensate mesh weighting (painting).

Knowing that Sarada model is pretty much simple for rigging, I managed to step up for a challenge.


This looks crazy as f*ck, I know, but I managed to pull out the ranger hat and pistol holster from s_f_y_ranger_01 and put them into this Sarada model as an alternate "lowr" and "uppr" bodyparts (since the only way to simulate this model with costume damage is using the s_f_y_ranger_01 as other story-mode models like ig_natalia isn't suitable for separate bodypart rigging). Besides, Sarada in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations series was not seen wearing a hat or so.


Ninjas were look confident in displaying the iconic headband signature that bears the residence of their village, so... no doubt that I can hardly see any ninjas wearing headband that were also wearing hats, even a cowboy-styled ranger hat.

And the pistol holster? You might gonna disagree as you know most of the times that firearms do not exist in Ninja World (but what about a taser gun in episode 102 or maybe a flintlock rifle in Blood Prison movie?), but this is GTA and a style of my fan fiction story. Sh*t happens.



Any of you might wonder, is taser gun categorized as a firearm or something else? Something tells me that episode 102 seems to be a little upside down regarding the existence of firearms in Ninja World. Seems that I heard it over Wikipedia quite a long time ago, but goddamn I forgot what keyword I used to put it in back then (or maybe I just coincidentally found it when Wikipedia was not much updated at that point, where Boruto: Naruto Next Generations did not exist).

Straight to the point, that is; "taser gun as a firearm" is put as a keyword on Google Search, and here's the results.




So, what I thought in this episode is... taser/stun gun exists in Ninja World, but is it too obvious that it's shaped like a pistol rather than a handheld weapon that is NOT a pistol-shaped? That sounds like an X26 Taser Gun that I've seen better days in LCPDFR, or GTA V as of now. The shape and firing mechanism is identical to the X26 and anything equivalent to it IRL.

My old friend Samuel Argaputra seems quite obvious regarding ninjas, about how they live, how to use weapons... firearms did not exist back then; western ages have not entered the Imperial lands in Asia. Kinda remember the old days where I played Stronghold Crusaders, where there are mangonels that can throw rocks from your fortress.


It's a bit step up of a challenge, I'd say, considering this model was pretty easy to rig, and I've managed to implement side-by-side mapping with the help of CorelDRAW and ZModeler's great UV Mapping and its Edit UV feature. Once Sarada model is done, I'll go for Mitsuki and end my project in rigging Konohamaru. After that, testing and public release.

Strange, though, I think I can implement few empty slots by adding model customization, but who knows. s_f_y_ranger_01 seems to be the perfect match for Sarada model with costume damage that can be activated/deactivated via trainer's clothes menu. And Sarada with pistol holster and a ranger hat seems... nah, I'd better not discuss it. She might be a perfect match for a team leader if Konohamaru was not present in their team. I'll say that as an exchange.

Comments