Skeleton Setup (mode?)


The work I've been done for the past 3 hours seems to be reset, but at least I can learn from it.

Before I can make use of the custom ped model, the skeleton needs to be adjusted according to the custom ped model I'm using, unless the model itself is similar to the common peds in GTA V.

I didn't notice that it needs to be set up before you can do anything about it in order to prevent the model to be bugged as hell. The button "toggle setup mode" says everything, although I clearly see no difference before. Now I know that, when the setup mode is enabled, skeletons (identified by spheres and torus connecting another sphere) will be grayed out instead of being red, which is used for testing purposes.

Lesson learned for rigging a skeleton (at least). It's at least I can share about skeletal rigging. First is setup, then bone creation. If during the creation you found slight error, enable setup and fix. Disable before test.

It's pretty hard to model a skeleton in ZM3 because User and Perspective views cannot orbit around like in Autodesk 3ds Max, although both are 3D views in object modeling. But... once you get a hang of the 2D views (top, bottom, left, right, front and rear), you will get used to it.

Remember, modeling a skeleton requires patience.

Comments