Omitted some bones for facial rigging






Progress update.

Finished rigging the hands and fingers, now it's time for the face.

This looks simple as I thought, but left and right must be balanced. It's what the first thing that comes into mind when painting from left to right.

Also, the rigging process is almost come to an end, and after that is managing maps and many things for a good quality export. You may ask, why it's so quick? I thought rigging the face can take a long time, you said.

My answer is simple. Real-life people like superhero models from either DC Comics or Marvel Universe are somewhat imitating most common GTA V peds in the game: all facial bones are implemented since this copies original ped's mesh weight to the custom ped that is 1:1 size. In anime, I can hardly see any facial movement that involves brow (forehead) and cheek, especially in ninja-themed anime that involves the usage of headband like in Rambo movies (Naruto, Naruto: Shippuden, and Boruto: Naruto Next Generations). This case has omitted the usage of FB_x_Brow_Out, FB_x_CheekBone, and FB_Brow_Centre for mesh painting (weighting).

Live case scenario is on NS:UNS4, where I got those raw files from.




What raises me a question is that some of the mesh that painted on a reference ped (ig_bankman) for the eyelids are lightly painted for FB_x_CheekBone (both left and right). I have no idea what reason guys at Rockstar do that, but I believe it's for a reason.


However, SKEL_Head has handled the lower lid of the eyelids.


To short, ped rigging is almost done and then I'll be doing some other preparations for managing textures, adjusting other things, export, and then in-game test. Before the in-game test, I had to reset the update.rpf again since new VisualV version came out and I'll be redo the installation of WOV, DOV, and many others. Also, some reason tell me that DW (DispatchWorks) pack vehicles are named with dw_ prefix to prevent conflict with other models/vehicles/peds bearing the same name. That looks like whenever I edit dispatch.meta, DW cars are easy to spot.

I have to admit, making this ped mod takes me about 12 to 24 hours per ped, with skeleton editing and mesh painting. I literally wasted almost a week having a rest by playing games - I still have one week vacation left. I should be expecting tests will be done between Friday and Saturday. And then, moving on to another model.

Comments