Earthquake, Power Failure, another sh*t day, and many things I want to tell

So, something shocked me in the last few days or so, and I'd like to tell you one-by-one.

Earthquake

Friday night. Last week. Normal lesson as usual (that TOEFL lesson for my brother). I felt something shaking. Damn light that I slightly can feel it. Somehow I wasn't aware of this, but people somehow panicked and in there they went out of the class, wondering WTF just happened. Mom even called and described the situation that it was an earthquake. Seriously, an earthquake. I mean, what, seriously? It was at the point I didn't expect as a human, exactly, though. But sounds like, it's true to be believed as soon as the news came out. An underwater earthquake with a Richter scale not more than 7 (6.2 or something) was detected by BMKG (gov't agency responsible for earthquake and other natural disasters in Indonesia) off the coast of southwestern Banten province, mentioned that it's a megathrust earthquake.

Okay, this is something I can't even expect in a long time in my life. I mean... I have stuffs I need to be saving in case of the natural disaster, but I guess I can't if the quake happens. Mom even said that it will be the end of the world, but for me, the best answer to this natural cause of disaster is to pray to God to prevent this sh*t from happening. Although... TBH, Indonesia is one of the unsafe countries that can be affected by natural disaster like this. Just take a look on the city of Aceh back in 2006 or so. Was being hit a tsunami before I can tell that a plane landed and took off on the airport shortly after the incident was confirmed.

Power Failure (Massive Blackout?)

I've been taking my time overnight until 4 A.M. to play this favorite game on the last weekend but now, latest Steam Client update f*cked the controller keybinding or something for just ONE button: the PS2's SELECT button that somehow opens up the Steam Overlay when pressed twice, rather than changing weapons by normal. I'd say... what the hell? But tell you what, I'll tell this in the separate section.

So, this power failure, I never heard of it until I woke up and I hear a complete silence, even when at the case my PC is running. I opened up the phone and noticed that the WiFi is dead. WTF? Checked outside my room, the router and the transmitter is dead.

It's been a talk with my family and somehow, a part of this province had a similar effect. I mean, this whole province seemed to be affected. The news about complete power failure from the main power station somewhere was on the headline, stating that about 6 generators there suffered a drop in a sudden. The effect? Almost the whole province experienced a blackout. Earthquake related?

It happened at the short time after the earthquake stating that the megathrust plate is shifting. News said that it happened 15 minutes before the midday (you can guess what time was that). So, I spent my time helping my parents and doing literally nothing. I slept early because of that.

And guess what? 15 minutes before midnight, power went back on. Read the news, Jakarta was being the first to get the power running, followed by several cities and then Bandung, as well as other cities, for the last.

It's still being a semi-hot topic to discuss now in my country, seeing that the company that holds liability of electricity was undergoing observation about why the generators suddenly "broken down" out of nowhere.

Steam Controller Settings and Why I can't take C of my list of majors

Yep, idk what happened and idk how to post this weird situation I'm having; it seems that whenever I press the SELECT button on my PS2 joystick, it brings up the Steam Overlay instead of the button it was supposed to be. The latest update seemed to fix the issue about the controllers, but this one, idk. Even a smartest technician can't even handle it and said, "no fix unless using an alternative" IMO.

And this half-bricked the controller for some reason; with the anti-cheat system coming in this month for Ace Combat 7, this can be a question whether X360CE can get me game-banned from this, considering last time I used X360CE on NS:UNS4 was quite helpful, although a Steam user Hayatemaru in one of his helpful guides for NS:UNS4 said that using it has a big latency (delay input) compared to the controller configured by Steam itself. I mean, seriously, I've tried both of those and nothing changed. I had implemented this (using Steam Controller Settings) since last year and somehow this latest update half-bricked the controller. Perhaps because of the Steam Overlay, but unfortunately, disabling it and I can't receive any invites in-game unless I Alt-Tab in and out of the game I'm playing. This is also an issue with GTA V, however, as when you sprint (usually with Shift key) and try to switch weapons (Tab key), you'll accidentally bring up the Steam Overlay instead of the weapon wheel, and your character will go stationary. Not if you buy from Rockstar Games website, sadly. Really, it's too bad to have the overlay existed from the first place, but you can disable it when not playing any game.


I have C results on some of the majors, but had reasons why I'm not taking it. Say, I had an overall grad value of 2.5 and long story short, my mom said, "you can't get a job with that grad value". My brother had an overall grad value of 2.75 and is struggling to get a job, while my sister rockin' hard to get more than 3 to be accepted in a bank or maybe become a businesswoman.

I feel jealous, seriously, to my sister. Not a smart one, exactly, but she struggled. Now how am I supposed to get past her?

I could have been taking those Cs when selecting the next semester's majors to take, but I forgot which majors. I end up taking Ds and the Final Project this semester to save money; however this doesn't change anything. I was hoping I can make a change this year and next, but I really need something that motivates me to learn. Perhaps staying away from the games when the semester starts could be a great idea that I should've done that long ago, but reasons said that I can't hold it, even for a short period of time I'm home. Devil on me, I'd say.

PayPal for ZModeler 3

Still not yet opening PayPal, but I guess it's time, to model peds on my own with facial rigging from the tutorial I found with ZModeler 3. It's unsettling to hear that Darwin VS made the mods based from Naruto games paid on Patreon, just like JulioNIB, who loves game scripting and I know it takes more than a manpower to do his scripts. Tons of GTA V mods I downloaded was untouched; left unpacked for some reason, and I guess, before the end of this month, I'll take my time to do so.

The cracked ZModeler 3 by Dr.7FAR (the latest version one) somehow not working on me, on both PCs - one on my own with Win10, other on the old one with Win7. All no luck and being end up in false-positives.

Anyway, here goes.

Modding News

It's been a long time since I mod things in GTA. SuperVillains Redux was being a great success but I don't do IV mods anymore because of frequent crashes and unstable environment.

V have some mods ready, but not yet planned on uploading them. When the Boruto peds are rigged for GTA, maybe I will. But I need to prepare a new environment since a lot of mods are both unused and unpacked.

PCSX3, a scam?

I accidentally found some YouTube videos describing how PS4 and Xbox 360 emulator scam works. Yes, scam, other than... popular rpcs3 and Xenia at that time and Orbit or... whatever it's called for a legit PS4 emulator, is still WIP.

For some reason, though, I understand why it became a hot topic to discuss about emulating games on PC like Windows-based or Linux-based, especially after what happened with the IoT these days. Technical support scam, E-mail scam, scams on Steam, you name it.

It's a reason I found out before I deleted the post about PS3 emulator that I wrote long ago, though, that people discussed about it and having trash talks regarding liability and dependency of that emulator, before rpcs3 became the commonly used app for emulating PS3 on PC these days.

I have checked the old mails of my Google account; there are Blogger mails about new comment regarding the old deleted post I made long ago and for some reason made my blog became legit popular because it was a quite hot topic to discuss. I mean, seriously, that time, not only I who wanted to use PS3 emulator, but other people in the world, hundred thousands or maybe a million or two of them. I was crazed with Naruto back then (fandom much?) that the only Naruto game at that time was on PS3. I even wrote about unlocking its locked archive with Appnimi (dunno if it's still there/exists) that in the video a user named BitRain demonstrated, it can be unlocked on other source, Mint (or other Linux?). The post was long gone (deleted) however, so I can't trace back my writing and its links.

With me having NS:UNS3 on PC back then, it's clear that the post was no longer needed, so I delete it, even though I tagged PS3 Emulator and made a new post there for comments to pour in. None ever came to a new post. They seemed to be obsessed with the 2 posts I made long ago. After that, nothing. Really. Low traffic, like how a new blog should be when not being advertised.

I'll be making a post about this another time.



Hope you are not tired with reading this long post. Thanks for reading and I'll see you again in the next post.

And yeah, stay close to God the Almighty. You'll never know what will happen today, tomorrow, or maybe few days later.

Comments