Time and Patience

Progress update.




See this cranky "alien" style I've done to my Boruto ped mod I'm modeling for GTA V? I've come so far just to make sure this mod will succeed and people would see me return to the modding life I've left several years ago. I have to tell, TBH, I have some unfulfilled requests like car modeling in GTA IV, but today I made a resolution: I can't handle more game crashes because of tons of car mods and several scripts installed, including LCPDFR, which I know that this game has a lot of instabilities and none of the fix could prevent that. This must be some kind of the mod effect that eventually broke some part of the hard drive sector (my HDD from the old PC is used on this quite high-end PC) that caused repeated game crashes after the last time I used car mods that those size are larger than the original one, heck, maybe 2 to 4 MB or even more.

So, yeah, any mods I've been doing in IV involving vehicle modeling will be abandoned, but not with data and script modding, although mostly will be quite light or simply reviving the dead betas. However, this ped mod will be the first priority to do, since I'd like to see Boruto, Sarada, Mitsuki, and Konohamaru in GTA V. I really do. Anyone who's a fan of Naruto and Boruto will think the same as me, but considering the technical difficulties in ZModeler 3 (also with monthly subscription method that requires payment via PayPal, longest is 12 months), ped modeling limitations in GIMS Evo plugin for Autodesk 3ds Max, and people who have skills tend to mod things to their interest and not even specific (two guys who did Naruto and Kakashi are making random peds, as well as Darwin VS on Patreon), a choice has been made. Either do making those peds in GTA V and become a reality or all hopes on them will die. Do or die.

Sounds reasonable, though, especially since people who mod peds have their own interests and not even specific as I said before. People created tons of ped mods, but not as many as car mods that have become the hits or trend, whatever you call it, in GTA V. And modeling this will not be like walk in the park, because it has custom meshes; default ped can glitch them if you copy the mesh weight just like that and didn't undergone further customization, which results of the mesh not getting bone/skeleton affection when Inverse Kinematics is active and you move/rotate the bone around. One case is that some meshes (vertices) get moved/rotated while others remain stationary, which the model requires (re)painting the vertices of the bone that doesn't get the weight/affection. This is a complete time-consuming and requires patience. You cannot expect a custom model that is not a 1:1 size of GTA V ped, a ped model that have some parts are attached into one model (example: hand and upper body are merged into one model), or both (like the case of Boruto ped mod here), to be done in just one day or maybe in 10, 20, or 30 minutes.

The subscription in ZModeler 3 was there for one purpose, to prevent piracy. And in order to continue your work after the trial subscription is expired, you need to set up a PayPal account and buy the license through it. Create a donation page; there are several tutorials out there that are super easy. And then... profit, once you make the worthy model mods in the air. People who like your mods will donate. That's what I've done in the first place, after reading several forums about this who owned the cracked version of the ZM3, which are obsolete.


Let's get back to the track.


Finger painting is between easy and hard, somewhere in between. I managed to paint all fingers on the left hand and now working on the right hand. Once all of that is achieved, it's time for the facial rigging. This is a different case than a tutorial that provides advanced facial rigging, but here, rigging is a bit easy thanks to the slightly opened mouth the model has, and luckily, models exported from Noesis have separated body parts; upper teeth, lower teeth, tongue are even separated, making me much easier to paint (weight) the mesh without even struggling to split them up.

Truth to be told, once you get the hang of this, any model you want to scratch-paint the models on will be piece of cake, but then again, it requires time and patience. You cannot expect custom models to be ready in just one day or less, as I previously said.

I'm gonna make a video tutorial once the project is ready. After that, bug fixes, see what's wrong with the model, smoothing the weight, and much more. It's at least I can make proud on, since long ago, my expertise was just a passing by modder who makes weapon data customization mod for GTA IV and making an awkwardly custom FXT mod for GTA San Andreas. The fact that I've done things in ZM2/Kam Lai's MAXScript for Autodesk 3ds Max means, perhaps I can make a playerped mod that removes dependency of Skin Selector, so you can play the mod in Naruto style without the need to change/spawn the models and worrying about instabilities.


Well, time to get back to work.


Additional notes

I've checked the link where the only better quality Naruto mods in GTA5-Mods are, and it seems that the dude who previously made Kakashi Hatake, NewCreation, has grander plans on making Naruto-based (and maybe Boruto) peds into GTA V. Terrell1995 explained that he found the model files, but are dominantly in PMD and PMX extensions (that looks like the model have been ripped long before ssh released a BMS script that decrypts and extracts the CPK archive from all Naruto UNS games in one go). NewCreation said that he will be working on it but as of today, no news was heard.

As for TheFuumaSage, he's creating random ped mods, mostly superheroes from DC Comics or Marvel Universe. No response whether he'll be doing more Naruto ped mods.

Well, the rest is all goes to NewCreation; maybe I should sign up to GTA5-Mods.com and have a word with him to say that I have the raw files thanks to ssh's BMS script for QuickBMS. Perhaps him and I can work together; sharing is caring, of course.

Comments