Beretta 92 in Fallout 3?

Recently I retried starting the FO3 game (GOTY edition) to make sure that the game works properly, but then, when I tried to install some weapon mods, I thought one thing that was long neglected because of lack of understanding how to install that mod: Beretta 92.

Seriously, this Italian handgun is very popular among civilian, law enforcement, and military use, and I swear I saw one long time ago on Nexus (that day I don't have an account, or maybe I'm not interested in making a new account).


And here it is. This is what I'm talking about. I swear, first time I'm seeing this, this looks epic as a replacement of the default 10mm pistol, but when found out that I need to sign up or log in (if I have created an account before), well, there's no hope.

I'm back again because I have used my account to download mods from there, and I figured out that applying mods in Fallout 3 is as same as applying mods in Fallout: New Vegas, only with different perspective. Ammo types are not introduced in here (but NV do) and FO4 removed the ammo type selection from FNV.

The fact that I have installed UFO3P (Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch) to fix whatever bugs left on FO3 GOTY made me think that I can install other mods that only adds weapons instead of overhauling everything that... who knows if it can go break or anything. Steam guide for FO3 GOTY is quite dependable, because... when the guide said that it crashes on stock configuration, it absolutely will, even on newer systems like Windows 10.

Today, some mods now feature add-on on its own, which can be spawned like spawning official DLC weapons. And the newest mod make this mod that I just saw look like a crap on its own (pardon my English). However, I still count it as the first mod I would attempt to apply in FO3 like I did in New Vegas. Nexus Mods is a paradise of mods, after all, where if there are games that can be modded, they will add it to the list. It's probably the first to pioneer modding ability of Bethesda-made (Bethesda Studios) games like Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Fallout 4. No doubt, though; this site has grown up to be big and global, with many mod supports on games.

To download and use the mods, users require to sign up. This is why it is different than any other modding sites; perhaps the simplest reason in mind is to prevent circumvention of bots or random folks downloading sh*t off their server. Maybe "protecting user rights" could be the reason.

Well, I have no idea how does that work; I've uploaded an AC7 skin mod there and here in this blog, so if anything goes wrong with Nexus, I've prepped the backup here. Just... getting banned at Nexus Mods means I can't download anything from their website. The best bet is to play safe: don't talk anything offensive and uploading material that isn't yours, modded by you or not (always ask permission, if they don't want to reupload with modification by you, don't or you will be in trouble).

Maybe... that's all I can tell about this. I have some other things to finish.

Comments