Maybe apartment was not a best idea when "home alone"

Last night I have a trouble asleep after watching one of the videos about avoiding scams via telephone. At first you might think that someone dialed a wrong number, but when you're unlucky, you'll get an experience just like me.

Something tells me that I should not receive call from strangers unless I'm not "home alone". The feature on my phone called "block unknown caller ID" was not used right until this day; idk why, but I have my own reasons to do so. I should consider turning it on, since some random guys calling to me and I said that this is a wrong number you are calling.

Cramped space and hot temperature, with only me in the apartment, were not the best idea to begin with when you want to "prank" the scammer. Perfect for being hypnotized, realize that this is not something to begin with. Some reasons tell me that giving out card credentials is like "you let someone rob you for no reason at all".

Maybe I should not move the PC to the apartment, so when there's someone calling and claiming that I won something from the bank, I could ask some suggestions to my grandfather. Maybe he'll give advices that I shouldn't trust the call from strangers unless if I need to, but still...

The risk is high. I was in front of the PC with a game running, and my focus was that, the game. Should have thought that if that was a joke, I can use the fake credit card number credentials to trick this guy and tell that it is only my own card. But yeah, you won't even notice that the call from the "call center" won't last for about 30 minutes or more; it's a scam.

Tech Support scammer, I get it, but someone scamming on the phone and directly asking for card number credentials? That's what's up. It's what kept me awake for few hours before I can finally relax for it.

3 mils on my bank account is around $300 at least. 10 weeks of saving if I'm not using it (2 and a half months), 20 if at apartment (5 months). Maybe, if I'm really lucky one day, I can prank the refund scammer to actually send me money with astonishing amount than what you think, but I think it's a real thin chance of a scammer sending money to me.

Actually.... it's like I'm robbing Uncle Sam here, but scammers are thieves; why not take what's ours back? I'm sure whoever robbed me will get what's coming to him. I promise you that.

It's a real different scenario than what happened few years back. A friend from the college tricked me, stole my lappy and the money worth 4 mils, and she only returned only the money with no proof that she stole the lappy. That was a direct scam that I can't even notice because of her personality, but I know her as soon as I know that she stole my money from the ATM that's really close to the college.

The fact that there's a rule in my country called "3 numbers per ID card" is at least something that can help reducing the used up or dud numbers, shrinking the chances of phone scams.


You know, I really worry too much about me being scammed like this, in an apartment room with no one else around me. There were my parents there and I gave the last code on the second call before my dad answered it on the third. Time machine is just a theory IRL, a science fiction you can see in the movies. I thought many times over about going back in time to stop this, but we all know that there's no way back. What's done is done. Now it looks like I'm in trouble to buy something I want, but then again, I just have to wait. I lost about 2 mils of my savings to buy something that I can't remember, and 3 when scammed. About 10 or 11 mils were used to buy a new PC. I have a new oath to fulfill after my sister and my parents enlightened me once more, and that is to change me and my behaviors once and for all.

Maybe I should need a new friend to accompany me with, but ... getting friends IRL is not my best expertise to go on. If only Facebook didn't get me so lousy with logins and blocking my access for no reason at all. I can chat with someone without wiser.

But yeah... that's technology and circle of life for the humanity as a whole. I'm so glad that my parents and my sister were there to support me, helped me change, no matter what. I've been doing my laziness the whole day, and looks like the time is short and I have no time to lose. I need to take the Final Project matter seriously. I honestly complained about the new curriculum system, but yeah, I can't protest over it. I just need to get my job done before the second semester of 2020/2021 while fixing whatever crappy scores I have.

e-Sports Gamer is probably my best thing to go on, but honestly, I'm gonna need someone to help me become a member of a gamer community. CS:GO is probably the best practice to go on, but I never go into the competitive match; only casual match. Had goosebumps with accidental friendly fire incident that can make you game-banned if you are legitimately griefing. Maybe I should practice more with bots, or try Rainbow Six: Siege as a start. Ubisoft really adds more and more operators with new maps and whatsoever; some gamers appreciate it, some are not.

Oh well... at least this is what I thought of when I can't get a sleep. Maybe this will leave some notes on my blog about my usual daily life activities beside sharing mod releases and everything. I should open a new Google account in case of emergency, and of course, to get a new access to the Drive and everything, and maybe, set up a second YouTube channel.

At least this can help me sleep in the night or get more focused on the job I'm doing. Searching theories and materials everywhere is a real pain in the ass, but what gives. It's a proposal of the Final Project and it requires serious attention. Until then, it's a long road to go.

Comments